We are recruiting for a Senior Marine Surveyor to be based in our Douala, Cameroon office.
A key aspect to this role is to manage the office and small team of Surveyors day to day. The ideal candidate should have performed these duties previously. The remainder of your work will be to examine and report on vessels, Mobile Offshore Drilling Units (MODU’s), equipment and machinery, and other marine structures after construction according to SOLAS and MARPOL requirements and ABS Rules. Frequent travel to other African countries will be required.
The ideal candidate will have sea going experience, as well as experience working for a classification society as a Senior Surveyor. You will have experience surveying offshore as well as ships in service and classification and be a qualified Auditor.
To be considered for this role you must possess the following:
· Fluent in English language both written and verbal
· Currently a Senior Surveyor working for a Classification society
· Previously managed an office and small team of Surveyors
· Offshore surveying experience
· Ships in Service surveying experience
· Relevant degree in Marine Engineering or Naval Architecture
· ISM/ISPS Auditor qualification is desirable
ABS is committed to setting standards for safety and excellence as one of the world’s leading classification organizations. In a constantly evolving industry, ABS works alongside its partners tackling the most pressing technical, operational and regulatory challenges so the marine and offshore industries can operate safely, securely and responsibly.
The Company does not discriminate against any employee, or applicants for employment, based on personal characteristics such as:
• Race • Color • National origin • Gender • Age • Physical or mental disability • Marital status • Sexual orientation • Gender identity • Veteran status • Citizenship status • Religion • Transgender status • Creed
The Company is firmly committed to providing equal opportunity in all aspects of employment and personnel practices, including recruitment, advancement, salary and benefits, termination and retirement processes.