Attaining complete knowledge of the site execution plan, time schedule, scope of supply / work, scope of civil works, major subcontracts, budget and account structure, status of documentation, EHS plan, site staffing plan, applicable local regulations, restrictions etc.Essential Responsibilities:
- Mobilise the site and set up of site infrastructure
- Plan and set up vehicles, accommodation and other support for site staff
- Establish site regulations and rules of site operation
- Select and hire local personnel as required
- Execute daily (if required), weekly and monthly comprehensive reports
- Set up the site filing and document control system
- Strategically execute the site Cost Control
- Strategically execute the EHS Policy and the site EHS plan
- Strategically manage the site schedule, progress of works and cost
- Set up and strategically execute the site QA/QC plan
- Carry out both meritorious and disciplinary actions as prescribed by GE regulations
- Take necessary actions to maintain high site morale
- Manage subcontracts / subcontractors
Managerial (Budget / Administration / People)
- Developing a Site Safety Culture during the site execution of the project
- Promote & develop a collaborative culture towards seamless execution of the site works between GE, its sub-contractor, the customer and other contractors on site (e.g. civil works)
- Executing the project within the site installation budget
- Achieving all major milestones within the site schedule
- Performance assessments of all site staff including contract staff and life-of-project staff
- Maintaining an intensive customer relationship and a high level of customer satisfaction
- Closeout of all site subcontracts with fair and proper allocation of costs, minimizing impact
- Representation of GE Hydro to the customer and local authorities
- Maintaining and enhancing the professional image and reputation of GE at all times
- University degree (comparable with bachelor / master) or equivalent knowledge or experience
- Appropriate management experience in power plant construction and engineering
- Appropriate experience and training in general leadership and management technique
- High proficiency in English required
- Proficiency in the local language may be necessary
- Must have valid authorization to work full-time without any restriction in the roles location
- On site experience
- Team management experience
GE Renewable Energy harnesses the earths most abundant resources the strength of the wind, the heat of the sun and the force of water to power the worlds biggest economies and the most remote communities.
With an innovative spirit and an entrepreneurial mindset, we engineer energy products and digital services that create industry-leading value for our customers around the world.
We see the promise of renewable energy everywhere we look. Our team has the courage, scale, passion, diversity and resourcefulness needed to deliver that promise wherever and however the world needs it.
Together with our customers, were proving that no one ever has to choose between affordable, reliable, or sustainable energy.
We are unleashing limitless energy.
Follow us at www.ge.com/renewableenergy or on twitter @GErenewables.
GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, and according with all local laws protecting different status.
Follow us on Twitter, join our LinkedIn Group or become a fan of our Facebook page. Receive job and event notifications by becoming a member of the GE Talent Community. Stay up to date on whats happening at GE around the globe by checking out the GE Careers Blog. Locations: