Offre d'emploi fermée
Do you have a technical background within the refrigeration industry? And do you have a solid commercial understanding of the African area?
Maersk Container Industry (MCI) is currently seeking a Regional Service Manager in Africa to join our Star Cool Service Department. We are looking for a hands-on reefer technician who has a technical background combined with a strong commercial mindset.
As world leaders in reefer technology, we are pioneering the latest developments in real-time tracking and energy reduction. You will be joining a company that is making a positive contribution to meet global environmental and energy reduction challenges. Our record of pioneering innovation and proven solutions are highly regarded in the market.
You will mainly be working together with the Service Team in Europe but as a department we are located all over the world. The Service Department is well established with clear guidelines for processes and procedures and as a team, we have an honest and respectful tone.
“This job gives you the possibility to meet and create long term relationships across many countries and cultures. Not always knowing what tomorrow will bring makes the job very exciting. Providing real-time technical support for customers and service providers, bringing back new ideas to the R&D Department and when these ideas are ready to test you can be the first to see it working in real life” - Brian Hinrichsen, Senior Service Manager.
The position will be based in either Douala, Cameroon; Tema, Ghana; Onne or Lagos; Nigeria, Abidjan, Ivory Coast; or Morocco. The precise location will be discussed with the successful candidate.
As a Regional Service Manager, you will be an integral part of a diverse and global team, supporting one of the most advanced products in the industry, the Star Cool® reefer machine. You will be managing many stakeholders on a global scale and you therefore need strong communication skills to be successful in this position.
Your key responsibilities will be to manage the service network in your specific area, including being responsible for service provider audits and training in regards of the Star Cool® equipment. You will also be responsible for local customer contact and technical support to MCI customers and service providers of the Star Cool® reefer machine.
You will be our technical field support of reefer activities and promote our genuine Star Cool® spare parts and consumables. The position will primarily involve service of the Star Cool® reefer products and has a strong focus on technical sales support.
You will report to our Europe, Middle East & Africa Manager, but will be based within the area of operations, ideally located close to an active reefer terminal.
You will also:
• Manage and develop the Star Cool® Service Provider network in the region.
• Conduct and support all technical and product related training activities in the region.
• Ensure that our service providers deliver the highest quality service towards our customers according to our Maersk values.
• Support sales maintenance and expansion activities along with field trials and introduction of new products.
• Promote, expand and encourage the purchase of genuine Star Cool spare parts and consumables.
What will my typical workday look like?
Based on your customers’ needs, you will work independently planning and managing your time. On a regular basis, you find a structured way to register your appointments in our CRM system and make the necessary documentation ensuring that your customers and the service network are always up to date regarding their specific needs.
The preferred candidate has a strong technical background and is qualified and experienced in the refrigerated container industry. Alternatively, you have a background in refrigeration, container shipping/marine electrical, mechanical or similar and hold a relevant bachelor’s degree.
Furthermore, it is essential that:
• You are a good communicator with the ability to interact with all levels of management, operations, sales and technical personnel within our customers’ organisations.
• You have a solid understanding of the commercial drivers of the reefer industry and the respective companies in the region.
• You are a strong relationship builder and understand the value of building open, trustful and long-term relationships with customers and stakeholders in the service network.
• You are self-motivated, self-disciplined and able to operate with minimal supervision.
• You have the drive to succeed in a highly competitive industry.
You are fluent in French and have good written and oral English skills. Additional language skills from within the region, such as Arabic, is an advantage.
Extensive travel within the region is to be expected as well as occasionally outside the region, so it is therefore essential that you have suitable travel documents.
Travel days to be expected per year: 60-80.
Please send your application & CV in English. We encourage you to apply as soon as possible as applications are reviewed and assessed on an ongoing basis.
Maersk is a world leader in international transport and logistics