Finance Officer ( Cameroon National Only) - Cameroon
Norwegian Refugee Council
NRC is looking for an experienced Finance Officer for its programs in Cameroon.
The purpose of this position is the daily management of project activities to ensure that operations comply with NRC standards and procedures.
- Daily supervision of finance assistant
- Reconciliation of NRC bank accounts and cash boxes
- Establish a good tracking system for advances and ensure that clearance of advances is done on time.
- Ensure that weekly, monthly finance reports are prepared on time.
- Daily verification of POs, PRs Bid Analysis, per diem claim and other documents within the finance officer threshold
- Verify that all transactions have complete supporting documents and ensure that all costs are timely booked into Agresso on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Support to ensure month end closure is completed according to the timeline provided in the finance handbook
- Support to verify the monthly National Staff Payroll and posting
- Follow up to ensure prompt processing of daily vendor payments and Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- Ensure that all supporting documents are complete and accurate before payment is done.
- On a monthly basis ensure all deductions are timely remitted to statutory authority according to the provision of the law.
- Collaborate with the financial institutions to ensure that queries related to payments are timely resolved (return payments, under/over payments of staff, suppliers and contractors incorrect account details etc)
- Support the Finance Manager facilitate monthly BVA meetings, Project summary and spending plans
- Facilitate daily cash counts and safeguard of cash in the office.
- Facilitate audit activities
- Perform other related tasks that will be assigned by line manager
- Experience from working as a Finance officer in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good skills in Excel and Word
- Good knowledge of accounting packages; preferably (Agresso) UNIT4 Business
- Good knowledge to initiate finance SOPs
- Knowledge of Sahel region is an advantage.
- Fluency in French and working knowledge of English
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in similar position preferably with an international NGO
- Minimum of BSc and a professional accountancy certificate like the ACCA, CPA etc a master degree in related field would constitute a plus.
- Handling insecure environment
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
All employees of the Norwegian Refugee Council must adhere to our Code of Conduct and are expected to work in accordance with the core values of the organization: Dedication, Innovation, Integration and Accountability
Beginning: April 2019
Duration of the contract: 9 months with possibility of renewal according to the financing
Salary / Benefits: According to the NRC Salary Policy.
Place of employment: Kousseri with 25% of field trips