NOTE: This position is contingent upon donor funding. Cameroonian nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
PATH is a global organization that works to accelerate health equity by bringing together public institutions, businesses, social enterprises, and investors to solve the world’s most pressing health challenges. With expertise in science, health, economics, technology, advocacy, and dozens of other specialties, PATH develops and scales solutions—including vaccines, drugs, devices, diagnostics, and innovative approaches to strengthening health systems worldwide.
PATH seeks a Director of Finance and Administration for the anticipated five-year, $24 million USAID-funded Community HIV/AIDS Investments for Longer and Healthier Lives (CHILL) project in Cameroon. The project aims to improve community ownership and participation in local HIV response programs targeting key and priority populations to deliver a comprehensive HIV/AIDS response. Project objectives include reduction of new infections; increased enrollment and retention of patients on antiretroviral treatment; increased organizational capacity of local institutions; and strengthened enabling environment to implement sustainable community HIV programs. Responsibilities:
Required Skills Required Experience
- Oversee day-to-day project operations and coordination of financial activities, including cash needs; human resources; reviewing and processing sub-partner, vendor, and consultant payments; managing project procurements, sub-awards, and consultant agreements; supervising travel needs; and deploying staff and project operations, with a focus on maximizing cost-efficiency.
- Develop and manage annual project and activity budgets, in coordination with the Chief of Party and Deputy Chief of Party, and revise overall and sub-budgets as needed throughout the work plan year.
- Manage the project budget and ensure project funds are expended in compliance with approved project and annual budgets, project award, USAID policies and cost principles, and PATH policies and procedures.
- Prepare and ensure timely submission of financial, contractual, and administrative project reports to USAID and PATH headquarters as required.
- Provide regular pipeline analyses to the Chief of Party and USAID as well as detailed analysis of costs, budgets, pipeline reports, and other financial reporting requested by USAID.
- Manage regular funds requests, based on approved budgets and cash flow projections, to ensure effective project operations.
- Implement fraud mitigation practices and ensure systems and processes are executed effectively to support successful and efficient award implementation.
- Oversee financial management of all sub-awards under the project, including ensuring required sub-awardee compliance and reporting.
- Maintain project financial records in accordance with USAID and PATH policy and procedures.
- Manage project finance, operations, and/or administrative staff, and provide guidance to the project team to ensure project is implemented efficiently and in compliance with USAID and PATH policies and procedures.
- A Bachelor’s Degree of higher in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration, Public Administration, or related field, with a minimum of ten years of experience in the non-profit sector, leading all finance and operations aspects of projects, including procurement, general administrative processes, financial management, and grants management.
- Demonstrated experience in accounting, operations, and financial management of large-scale, complex, international development assistance programs, with experience managing US Government cooperative agreements valued at $24 million or more strongly preferred.
- Strong knowledge and extensive experience with U.S. Government cost principles, rules, and regulations, Federal and USAID Acquisition Regulations under 2 CFR 200, and Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP).
- Knowledge of Cameroonian labor laws.
- Excellent management, communication, and organization skills required, with strong analytical skills and attention-to-detail.
- Fluency with Microsoft Office Suite, particularly using Excel for financial analysis; familiarity with Salesforce is a plus.
- Ability to collaborate effectively with all stakeholders.
- Professional level of oral and written fluency in English and French.
PATH is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is valued.
PATH is an equal opportunity employer. Every qualified applicant will be considered for employment. PATH does not discriminate based on race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or orientation, genetic information, age, national origin, marital status, disability status, political ideology, military or protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.