For the « Cameroon Golden Cocoa Project » implementation.
December 2018-November 2020
SNV Cameroon received funds from the German Cooperation to implement the Cameroon Golden Cocoa Project The main focus of this project is to Increase cooperatives and farmers income and job creation through implementation of standardized post-harvest practices resulting in high quality cocoa: Golden Cocoa. The Cameroon Golden Cocoa Project has a strong PPP component with innovation development. It will continue experiences in Konye, Bafia, Ayos and Ngomedzap and replicated in other subdivisions in the South West and Central regions of Cameroon. For the implementation of the Cameroon Golden Cocoa Project SNV Cameroon seeks for the following staff.
For more information on SNV's operations, visit our website:www.snv.org
Under the supervision of the Project Manager the Professional Curriculum Development Advisor will be responsible for:
He/She will be in charge of providing specific leadership on developing professional/academic programmes curriculum on project findings, techniques and infrastructure, such as solar dryer, improved fermentation, transformation and warehousing He /She will connect the project team with relevant academies, universities, professional training centres to harmonize and test project finings. The relation between the project team and the Ministries of Agriculture and rural development, professional training will also be under his/her responsibility.
- Harmonize training modules for trainers on fermentation, solar drying and warehousing;
- Standardize project training modules and turn them into curriculum to be used by professional schools
- Stimulate appropriation of standardized curriculum by Public and Private actors of professional schools
- Insure the dissemination of project innovative professions and their adoption by schools and training centres.
- Ensure good communication with institutions and key actors of the private sector.
Required experience and competency
- Proven experience in curriculum development
- Good knowledge of professional education profiles/ requirement in Cameroon
- Mastery of professionalization processes in agriculture and trade sectors
- Good functioning knowledge of Ministry of Agriculture, Ministry of professional Training and trade of Cameroon.
- The candidate must have a university / professional teacher profile, with proven experience in management and standardization of knowledge. Multi-stakeholder process management.
- Level BACC + 5 social sciences or equivalent
- Have at least 08 years of professional experience in implementation of rural development projects
- Have 5 years of experience in knowledge management
- Be bilingual French and English (speaking and writing)
- To be in very good physical health
- Being willing to make trips within Cameroon especially in the project zone
- Demonstrate integrity and moral probity
- Be available in a very short notice
Position Name : Professional Curriculum Development Advisor
Type of Contract: Local (national)
Start Date : As soon as possible
Station : Yaoundé, Cameroun
How to apply:
If your references correspond to the profile indicated, we invite you to submit directly online via the SmartRecruitments database system your cover letter and CV by 20 March 2019.
NB: Only preselected candidates will be contacted.