Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Job Title:
Administrative Officer Locations:
Douala Reports to:
Senior Field Operations Manager Supervises:
Receptionist and Office Attendant Start date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking an Administration Officer for its office in Douala to provide support in the various administrative and office management functions. The incumbent will report to the HR & Admin Manager. The position requires strong French and English writing and speaking skills Key duties:1.1 Reception
1.2 Mail Administration
- Ensure good relationship between the Foundation and the public in person, over the phone, and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the various offices.
- Maintain reception information/literature.
- Keep the reception area (and whole office) tidy and welcoming during office hours.
- Ensure Office Access Procedures are always followed.
- Liaise with the Driver in charge of the mailing function and administrate the weekly courier. Receive and distribute mail accordingly.
· Acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
· Administer incoming and outgoing documents and parcel courier1.3 Secretarial Duties & Travels
- Prepare and disseminate various correspondences
- Update EGPAF Cameroon staff contact list monthly and disseminate to All Staff.
- Maintain and control office supply, stationery, and kitchen supplies for the office.
· Maintain monthly EGPAF cell phone charges database, and forward to staff and finance for bill payment. (Liaise with ICT)
· Oversee and facilitate hotel, transport logistics, visa requirements, and other travel needs for staff and international visitors.
· Organize and assist with international travel arrangements for all Office staff and visitors.
· Manage key vendor relationships with local hotels, Travel Agency, etc.1.4 Property and Equipment Management
· Oversee the use and maintenance of the office equipment including the photocopier, fax, binding machine to ensure that they are in working order and arrange for their repair and maintenance as needed.
· Oversee proper running of utilities for the building such as electricity water and proper function of telephone lines.
· Manage the cleaning of the building and the surrounding.
· Manage safety and security of the building and assets.
· Work with Landlord, Landlord’s Property Management Firm, Repairmen to maintain and fix office as needed. (Liaise with Procurement & Logistics)
· Contract maintenance of all office equipment: Ensure that all office equipment and work space properly maintained and serviced. Follow up with vendors for after sale service and maintenance.
· Ensure Office storerooms are organized and clean.1.5 Driver / Vehicle Management (Liaise with Procurement & Logistics)
· Vehicle maintenance: Ensure that all foundation vehicles are properly maintained, and log books are daily recorded.
· Provide log book and fuel records to Procurement and Logistics Department monthly.
· Maintain/update Personnel Activity Report (PAR) for Drivers, Day Guard, and Office Assistant.1.6 Field Support
· Liaise with Field Admin Staff to ensure standard Admin policies and procedures are implemented in each office.
· Conduct Trainings and Meetings with Admin Staff to build capacity and understanding of Admin activities.
· Conduct visits to Field Offices to assist with implementation of Admin activities and build capacity and understanding of staff.1.7 Other Duties
· Assess Admin policies and procedures on an on-going basis to identify and propose new policies or changes as needed, in addition to monitoring the implementation of existing Admin policies to ensure they are being properly adhered to.
· Assist in organizing meetings and seminars, taking notes and preparing minutes during internal meeting and external meetings
· Any other relevant duties as assigned by the supervisor. Qualifications Education:
· Minimum of bachelor’s degree in business administration, secretariat duties or any related business field Experience
· Minimum 3 years’ experience as an Office Manager/Administrator.
· Previous experience in working with international NGO’s is required. Skills:
· Strong interpersonal skills
· Strong planning and administrative skills
· Strong organizational and time management skills
· High quality written & oral communication ability
· Strong supervisory skills
· Strong computer literacy
· Must have a professional approach to work and the ability to think outside the box
· Team Building
– Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service
– Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
– Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions. Languages:
Fluent reading, writing, and speaking in both English and French How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.