Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Job Title:
Bilingual Receptionist Locations:
Douala Reports to:
Admin Officer in Douala Start date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Bilingual Receptionist to provide front office support to the EGPAF Douala Office. The Receptionist will report to the Administrative Officer in Douala office. The positions require strong French and English writing and speaking skills Key duties
1.2 Mail Administration
- Answer incoming telephone calls and take messages ensuring that communications are efficient, accurate and comprehensive.
- Receive visitors and direct them to the concerned person using good public relations skills
- Maintain reception information/literature.
- Keep the reception area (and whole office) tidy and welcoming during office hours.
- Ensure Office Access Procedures are always followed.
- Ensure good relationship between the Foundation and the public in person, over the phone, and through e-mails when interacting with or visiting the Douala Office.
- Ensure the reception is always manned during leave and lunch time.
- Receive and distribute mail accordingly; acknowledge receipt of all incoming mails, register the same and channel to responsible official for action.
· Administer outgoing documents and parcel courier. 1.3 Treasury Support
· Petty cash handling and administration 1.4 Travel
· Assist the Administrative Officer in facilitating hotel, transport logistics, visa requirements, and other travel needs for staff and visitors.
· Assist the Administrative Officer in organizing and assisting with international travel arrangements for all staff and visitors.
· Manage requests for taxis and ensure all invoices are prepared and submitted to the finance office for payment. 1.5 Office supplies
· Receive and log office supplies including carrying out periodic stock takes and replenishment Qualifications Education & Experience
· Diploma in Secretarial studies.
· A minimum of 2 years’ experience as Receptionist.
· Previous experience in working with international NGO’s is required. Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
· Strong interpersonal communication, relationship building and organizational skills
· High quality written & oral communication ability
· Ability to negotiate solutions to problems
· Strong computer literacy
· Fluent reading, writing, and speaking in both French and English
· Problem Solving
– Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
– Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
– Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
· Time Management
– Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
· Customer Service
– Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement. How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.