Compliance and Internal Review Officer
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation - Douala, Littoral
Offre d'emploi fermée
Compliance and Internal Review Officer
Job title: Compliance and Internal Review Officer
Location: Douala, Cameroon
Reporting to: Senior Manager, Compliance and Internal Review
Start Date April 1, 2019
Application Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
In partnership with the Field Operations team and Senior Management, the Compliance & Internal Review Officer will contribute in assessing and enhancing the compliance of the country office with Foundation’s global and country-specific policies and procedures, donor rules and regulations, and host country laws.
The individual will contribute in identifying compliance gaps, analyze the causes of gaps, and work with supervisor, staff and management to build capacity, enhance general awareness of compliance issues, and assist with the development of action plans that address gaps and strengthen internal controls, systems, and procedures in an efficient manner.
The individual will also be required to offer technical assistance and interventions to remedy issues that put EGPAF Cameroon at risk.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
· Serve as an expert on applicable policies, procedures, rules, and regulations and assist staff with their interpretation and understanding of these.
· Stays abreast of donor policies, procedures, rules and regulations and host country legal requirements and informs local and regional management of significant changes.
· Contribute in the development and implementation of a coherent internal review and compliance plan.
· Contribute in conducting targeted in depth risk assessments of EGPAF Cameroon country office systems.
· Perform internal reviews in the Cameroon office ensuring compliance with Foundation and donor requirements.
· Conduct on-site financial compliance reviews, which include cash counts; review of employee advances; documentation of segregation of duties and internal control structure; document storage and retention.
· Document findings, propose improvements or changes as relevant, disseminate findings and ensure follow up of implementation of recommendations as well as resolutions.
· Conduct random surprise checks and vendor verification reviews to ensure proper procurement procedures are being practiced and report on findings.
· Reviews and ensures compliance with all local legal requirements including registration, taxes, and local labor laws.
· Carry out internal reviews of finance, procurement, HR, inventory management, fleet management, administrative and IT processes and systems.
· Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerabilities and risks; assist with the development of corrective action plans for the resolution of problematic issues; and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar issues in the future.
· Assesses proper functioning of systems, internal controls, and procedures.
· Contribute in developing an effective Compliance & Ethics Training Program, including appropriate introductory training for new employees as well as ongoing training for all employees and managers.
· Assists with improving the awareness and understanding of compliance to assist employees with the establishment of a “culture of compliance”.
· Contribute to EGPAF’s Sub-recipients management capacity including provision of input to manuals, guidance, policies, procedures and training.
· Maintain open and regular communications with supervisor, Compliance and Internal Review (CIR) global community and other headquarters staff in DC for compliance updates, learning of best practices, problem solving options, professional development, etc.
· Perform other duties as may be assigned from time to time.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities
· University degree in accounting, finance, audit, business or a related field is required.
· Professional certification in accounting, auditing, risk management and compliance (ACCA, CPA, CIA, CRMA, CFE, etc.) is a great asset.
· At least five (05) years’ work experience in Finance and Accounting functions; with at least two (02) of these years gained in Compliance, Risk Management, Audit and Control roles.
· In depth knowledge of United States Government and/or European grant and financial regulations, systems and procedures for managing complex grant programs with many partners and customers.
· Experience working with an international non-profit/non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
· Ability to be self-directed and self-motivated and a team player.
· Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization.
· Excellent report writing skills.
· Fluent in English and/or French, and good working knowledge of the other.
· Ability to develop and implement training.
· Willingness to travel up to 20% of time.
· Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
· Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.