Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Job Title:
Field Human Resources & Administration Officer Job openings: 01 Locations:
Douala Reports to:
Associate Director of Operations with dotted line to the
Human Resources & Administration Manager based in Yaoundé Supervises:
Receptionist and Office Assistant Contract
Duration: One year with possibility of extension Terms of Offer:
This position is remunerated on local terms. (for local candidates only) Possible start date:
Immediate/April 1st, 2018
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Field Human Resources and Administration Officer for its field office in Douala to provide support in the various human resource functions, which include recruitment, staffing, training and development, performance monitoring and employee counselling. The incumbent will report to the Associate Director of Operations based in the Field Office in Douala and to the HR & Admin Manager in based in Yaoundé. The position requires strong French and English writing and speaking skills Key duties:
- Provide current and prospective employees with information about policies, job duties, working conditions, wages, and opportunities for promotion and employee benefits.
- Plan new employee orientation program to foster positive attitude toward organizational objectives.
- In liaison with the Yaoundé HR Team, continuously review and update the HR Orientation presentation package.
- Ensure that all vacancy bulletins are circulated to field offices.
- Advise managers on organizational policy matters such as equal employment opportunity and sexual harassment and recommend needed changes.
- Appraisal program implementation and support- Activities included rolling out of performance appraisal tools, assisting managers give performance feedback to staff,
- Design and implementation of intervention programs aimed at building capacity by providing staff with the necessary knowledge, skills and behavior characteristics in line with the strategic plan and generation of impact analysis reports for Management action.
- Build up a database of training providers; provide information to the field and arrange attendance at training courses.
- Providing HR advice and support to line managers and employees, explaining procedures and policies in a timely effective manner.
- Providing data for and preparing management information reports and documents.
- Monitor dates relating to Probationary Periods, Performance Review, and End of Contracts; and balances of Annual leave and sickness absence.
- Maintain and develop the filing system of personnel.
- Administer staff benefits, programs, and events.
- Medical benefit Management and administration
- Ensure that terms and conditions for all staff fall within established EGPAF policy.
- Liaise with logistics to ensure all insurance policies (office, assets and vehicles) are in place
- General office management
- Maintain and control office supply, stationery, and kitchen supplies for field office
- Any other duty assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
- Knowledge of Cameroonian labor laws and employment practices
- A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR generalist in a busy multi-cultural environment
- Computer literate with proficiency in email and Microsoft applications.
- Knowledge of HRM information systems will be an added advantage
How to apply
- Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
- Problem-solving skills, decision making
- High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong record keeping skills and ability to generate reports as required
- Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and a team player with the ability to work in multi-cultural environments
- Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize workloads and work within tight deadlines/ schedules
- Must have a professional approach to work with the ability to think outside the box
- Confidentiality, discretion and high integrity
- Ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
- Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link.
Applications will be considered on or before 26 March 2018, 5:00 PM Cameroon time.
Please note that only short-listed applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.