Finance & Accounts Assistant
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation - Yaoundé, Centre
Offre d'emploi fermée
Finance & Accounts Assistant
Job title: Finance & Accounts Assistant
Location : Yaoundé, Centre (3)
Number of Positions: 3
Primary Manager: Finance & Accounting Officer
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Applications Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
To support the Accountants in ensuring that financial and accounting operations of the EGPAF Field Office are in strict compliance with EGPAF policies and procedures and specific donor rules and regulations. Also strive to ensure efficient and accountable use of donor funds
1. Accounts Payables
· Assist in timely processing of staff advances for travel and activities
· Assist in timely processing of activities participants’ mobile payments
· Assist in Processing of supplier invoices within agreed timelines
2. Accounts Receivable
· Assists in collection and review of Field Expense Reports, ensuring the validity and accuracy of all submitted expenses
· Assists in accurate posting of the advances liquidating expenses to QuickBooks
3. Cash/Bank Management
· Conducts surprise cash counts
· Ensure timely banking of any unspent amounts refunded by staff as well as any checks written in favor of the foundation for various transactions.
4. Statutory Requirements
· Ensure all statutory remittances are paid on time, and that accurate amounts are paid
· Maintain and update statutory remittances file, conducting period audits of the files to ensure ability to satisfy any statutory scrutiny
5. Monthly Reporting activities
· Timely posting of all transactions as well as ensuring consistency, accuracy and completeness of such transactions.
· Ensure field offices meets all reporting deadlines for Quick Books end of the month Reports
6. Other Responsibilities
· Support the Audit/Compliance Review Exercises
· Any other work related duties as may be assigned
Required skills and experience:
· Minimum Diploma HND in accounting, or ACCA IV, CPA IV or equivalent
· Excellent communication skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· Working knowledge of English and French
· Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours
· Able to work in team settings and willingness to learn
· Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
· Minimum of 2 years, with 1 year of experience working in a similar organization
· IT Savvy, including accounting software
· Willingness to travel
· Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
· Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
· Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
· Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.