The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation - Douala, Littoral
Offre d'emploi fermée
Job title: Financial Analyst
Primary Manager: Senior Financial Analyst
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Applications Due By: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Reporting to the Senior Finance Analyst, the Financial Analyst coordinates a variety of financial analysis and planning functions in the Douala office including agreement budgeting and generating a variety of financial reports. The Financial Analyst must collaborate with a variety of other staff to be successful including Country and Associate Directors, Accounting staff, Awards & Compliance staff and Program staff.
· Identifies and communicates financial status by comparing and analyzing actual results with plans and forecasts, making use of HQ and Country generated reports including:
o Agreement specific budget to actual reports
o Donor financial reports
o Country Monthly Financial Reports
o Agreement specific monthly costed work plans
· Support the finance manager in country budget management including:
o Develop first draft of new business cost proposals and annual budgets under continuation awards
o Prepare budget narratives to accompany budgets
o Prepare budget revisions and responses to donor budget inquiries
o Provide appropriate data to DC for inclusion in the corporate budget
o Work closely with programs colleagues to develop costed work plans and budgets by geography, program area and/or facility
· Provide financial data and analysis to Associate Director, program managers and others to make management decisions. Examples might include:
o Funding Scenario Analysis
o Alerting appropriate staff of potential funding shortfalls and/or significant underspend
· Perform financial analysis including:
o Expenditure analysis allocations
o Expenditure and outlays reporting
o Financial forecasting and burn rate analysis
· Present financial status of projects
o In Donor meetings
o During internal monthly financial reviews with staff from Cameroon Office & DC HQ
o During meetings with Cameroon Program Managers
· Perform and complete special projects and other financial duties as required
Knowledge, skills and abilities required:
· Bsc Degree in Business related field, ACCA part two, CPA or equivalent.
· Minimum of 5 years of experience, with at least 2 years in a similar position.
· Excellent financial management and analytical skills
· Strong proficiency in Excel
· Excellent presentation skills
· Ability to work with virtual teams
· Ability to clearly communicate financial information to non-financial colleagues
· Willingness to work flexible hours as needed
· Strategic thinker in a dynamic environment
· Project management experience
· Ability to manage multiple priorities with tight deadlines
· Prior nonprofit experience working on USG funded grants or contracts preferred
· Willingness to travel within Cameroon as necessary
· Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.