Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Human Resources Officer
Job openings: 02
Locations: Yaoundé (2),
Reports to: Human Resources & Administration Manager
Supervises: Associate Human Resources Officer
Start date: April 1st, 2019
Applications Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking a Human Resources Officer for its Office in Yaoundé to provide efficient and effective human resource management services, support and ensure continued compliance with laid down policies. The incumbent will report to the Human Resources & Administration Manager. The position requires strong French and English writing and speaking skills
· Prepare job adverts and follow up on advertisement
· Provide job candidates by screening CV, interviewing and testing applicants; notifying existing staff of internal opportunities
· Schedule interviews for job candidates and conduct reference checks for successful candidates
· Coordinate staff induction programs and schedule trainers.
· Facilitate on boarding of staff through induction and orientation to workplace processes, people and tools of work
· Management of staff and intern’s contracts for extension and temporary appointment.
· Follow up on contract renewal reminders
Compensation and Benefits Administration
· Support payroll processing by advising changes (e. g. new staff, staff exits, promotions, increments etc.)
· Liaise with medical insurance administrators for medical reimbursements, new staff medical applications etc.
· Separation (ensure respect of notice, prepare terminal dues/severance pay, conduct staff exit questionnaires and ensure the process complies with both labor law provisions and employee handbook)
· Liaise with National Social Security Fund for staff welfare issues (registration, withdrawal request for various allowances, benefits and information)
Training and Talent Management
· Coordinate staff induction and training programs
· Coordinate performance management reviews
· Supporting professional & skills development of staff
· Track probationary periods and ensuring confirmations, extensions or terminations within agreed timescales
o Facilitate external and internal audits in liaison with finance department
o Update data on HRIMS for accurate reports
o Personnel record keeping and filing
o Monitor staff vacation and other absences
· Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources Management or equivalent
· Knowledge of Cameroonian labor laws and employment practices
· A minimum of 3 years’ experience as an HR generalist in a busy multi-cultural environment
· Computer literate with proficiency in email and Microsoft applications.
· Working knowledge of English and French
· Knowledge of HRM information systems
· Strong planning, organizational and administrative skills
· Problem-solving skills, decision making
· High levels of accuracy and attention to detail
· Strong record keeping skills and ability to generate reports as required
· Ability to establish and maintain good working relationships and a team player with the ability to work in multi-cultural environments
· Effective time management skills and the ability to prioritize workloads and work within tight deadlines/ schedules
· Must have a professional approach to work with the ability to think outside the box
· Confidentiality, discretion and high integrity
· Ability to take and follow instructions and to work with minimal supervision
· Flexibility and willingness to help and take on additional roles
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
· Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.