Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Job Title:
Information Communication & Technology (ICT) Manager Job openings:
Yaoundé Reports to: Associate
Director of Operations Start date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of the Job
In order to support the attainment of the Foundation’s overall goal of the virtual elimination of pediatric HIV and AIDS, this position is primarily responsible for identifying, developing, implementing and maintaining strategic ICT projects and initiatives to meet EGPAF Cameroon’s technology needs. Key duties: System Administration
- Administer and support complete systems and user infrastructure in close coordination with EGPAF Headquarters IT Office global IT standards.
- Administer a Microsoft server and virtualization environment
- Manage information systems personnel and contractors to design, develop, implement, Operate and administer computer and telecommunications software, networks and information systems solutions.
- Design and implement LAN and WAN public and private networks in project offices
- Ensure timely backups of all necessary systems data
- Ensure high standards of systems availability across range of physical conditions as budgets allow
- Coordinate with HQ for disaster recovery planning
- Select and maintain communications systems for the country office including but not limited to:
v Telephone systems
v Online communications
v Other mobile devices
v SharePoint User Systems
IT Management & Administration
- Support all users, upgrade and maintain software ensuring that all workstations are virus free
- Provide hardware repair and support as needed
Sub-Award Management/Procurement and Logistics
- Ensure timely coordination and communication of country office requirements, needs and initiatives with EGPAF’s Headquarters
- Liaise with the procurement officer and HQ on the purchase of IT equipment by providing specifications on IT equipment, software and configurations
- Manage IT service providers to ensure provision of optimal service levels within the organization
- Train staff on use of various technologies in use within EGPAF in consultation with HQ
- Document country office IT systems
- Adapt systems documentation as necessary for country office use
- Supervise the IT Manager, Officer(s) and any other IT personnel.
- Coordinate with Headquarters for the development, implementation, training and support of global IT systems in Cameroon including:
v Intranet based on Microsoft SharePoint
v Financial systems based on cloud based QuickBooks
v Payroll systems
v Data/M&E systems
Compliance & Risk Management
- Manage the implementation of IT based solutions as value addition to programs work within the organization and the implementation partners
- Assist with projects automation, integration and improvements to ensure efficient use of IT resources
- Provide oversight and support to any outsourced database management
- Provide appropriate change management practices to oversee the development, design and implementation of new applications and changes to existing computers systems and software packages
Education & Experience
- Ensures strictest adherence/compliance to Foundation IT policies and procedures
- Pro-actively identifies and mitigates risks/threats to Foundation ICT systems and infrastructure
How to Apply:
- Master’s Degree in an IT related field is required
- Minimum five years hands on experience in Microsoft windows, server installations, configurations, active directory, and programing
- Ability to analyze, troubleshoot, support, and implement technical solutions at all levels especially the desktop
- Experience with systems documentation
- Able and willing to travel extensively and sometimes to remote places
- Ability to work well with people from diverse cultures and communicate effectively
- Ability to Manage the entire spectrum of information technology operations specially LAN/WAN/VSAT/Wireless technologies, Cisco Switches & Routers, Firewall, VPN, DNS, DHCP, etc.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.