Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT Job Title: Information Technology Officer Locations:
Douala Reports to:
Information & Communications Technology (ICT) Manager Start date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of the Job
Working with the ICT Manager and IT staff to provide effective ICT systems, ensure implementation of ICT standards and policies, and provide technology support and solutions to meet the needs of the organization.
The IT Officer will support the overall technology infrastructure for the Douala office including planning, implementation and support of the software applications and hardware infrastructure that run operations. The IT Officer will be involved in systems administration including: general computer support; upgrades; software installations; license management; server maintenance support; deployment of equipment; end user support.
S/he will be in charge of providing user training on common business applications and use of EGPAF ICT systems.
The IT Officer may also be responsible for managing or contributing to various ICT projects. This may include: assessment of applications and technology; formulating and presenting solution options to the ICT Manager; advising on the equipment or software selection process; overseeing implementation of EGPAF ICT systems and key project deliverables.
Supported technologies include but are not limited to: wired and wireless networks, storage systems, Microsoft Active Directory, Windows OS, MS Office suites, end user workstations, laptops and various proprietary and commercial software applications and hardware. Key duties:
- Provide software and system troubleshooting and support.
- Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and update operating systems and user applications.
- Proactively schedule software upgrades and patching.
- Ensure that, all software on EGPAF equipment is licensed and keep record of licenses.
· Track license and support contracts to include notification of renewal timeframe to ICT management.
· Monitor network to ensure network functionality and availability to all system users.
· Install, maintain, troubleshoot, and repair cabled, wireless and other network infrastructure.
· Support existing/new server/s and administer access rights for all users in the Homabay office.
· Maintain local and server based anti-virus software.
· Inform and train users and management in how to adhere to EGPAF global and local security ICT policies.
· Ensure computer is set up prior to new hire start date and any related moves.
· Handle the relocation of computer equipment as a result of office or personnel changes.
· Setup new user accounts and email accounts (in collaboration with ICT Support – Head Office - DC).
- Troubleshoot, and repair user accounts and email accounts, assist in resetting passwords. (In collaboration with ICT Support – Head Office - DC).
- Participation in research and recommendation of improved infrastructure processes and technologies to include growth planning.
- Work service providers to schedule repairs and maintenance.
- Work with ISP and other outside service providers to ensure dependable operations.
· Train new and current employees on computer software and ICT systems.
- Maintaining documentation of processes, procedures, and troubleshooting guides.
· Monitor and report ICT expenses. Education & Experience
How to Apply:
- Professional degree in information technologies, along with substantial working experience within relevant fields, and have obtained and maintained relevant certificates
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience within the ICT technical field
- Effective written and oral communication with ability to produce reports and present solutions
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in French and English
- Professional knowledge of network technologies and Windows clients
- Experience in handling servers and related access management control
- Ability to work independently to troubleshoot, perform root cause analysis, identify and isolate technical issues
- Willing to take ownership of issue analysis and resolution efforts and commit to 'doing what it takes' to resolve technical issues regardless of the effort or timeframe required.
- Ability to work and cooperate well with people
- Working in a structured manner
- Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
- Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.