JOB DESCRIPTION IT Assistant Position Details Job title: IT Assistant Location:
Douala (01) Number of positions:
01 Primary Manager:
IT Manager Start Date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019 Main Function:
Assist with IT Infrastructure.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID). Purpose of Job:
Under the direct supervision of the Information Technology Manager (IT Manager
), the IT Assistant will provide assistance to ICT Manager and the IT Officer in executing the following duties:
- Technical Support: All areas of Information Communication and Technology in EGPAF Cameroon.
- Backstopping the IT Officer ( act as a Backup)
§ Technical support: Assist to maintain equipment, involving hardware, software and systems.
§ Network Administration (Equipment and Applications): Diagnose network and system problems as well as react to failures and errors to maintain system integrity and performance.
§ Answer help desk calls.
§ Assist in network and system security.
Responsibilities & Tasks defined: Help Desk.
- Perform other related duties as may be assigned. (E.g. follow up on Policies and Procedures implementation.)
1. Be main point of contact for help desk calls.
2. Diagnose problems and react accordingly.
3. Instruct users on appropriate action where possible or take notes and research resolution.
4. Get back to users with resolution or escalate to IT Manager. Maintain Equipment.
1. Involves repair of laptops, PC’s, printers etc. (With Supplier warranty / outsourced technical support)
2. Re-formatting and rebuilding laptops etc.
3. Inventory and maintain sufficient levels of equipment as needed.
4. Dispatch equipment to branches as needed. Maintain System.
1. Assist ICT Manager and IT Officer to maintain system performance and react to known issues as well as perform preventative maintenance.
2. Assist with new technology rollouts and upgrades.
3. Assist with Administration of users and computers.
4. Assist with 3 rd party software maintenance and implementation.
5. Liaise with 3 rd party help desks to diagnose problems.
6. Assist with maintaining Windows, and email systems. Backup.
1. Confirm successful daily backups
2. Confirm all system back up is running daily.
3. Liaise with 3 rd. party help desk when problems arise. Anti-Virus & Security
1. Maintain network and system security via network Anti-Virus.
2. Configure and manage network security.
3. Help users with installation and ongoing support. Network Diagnostics and Reporting
1. Diagnose network bottlenecks.
2. Monitor organization WANS.
3. Liaise with field office regarding network faults or reports.
4. Log faults with appropriate authority.
5. Liaise with IT Manager regarding faults. Telephone System.
1. Ensure PABX optimum functionality / configuration with outsourced technical support.
2. Support users with telephone system.
3. Program handsets as needed. (BB , ETC) Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma in Computer Science/ Information Systems / with at least 1 - 2 years work experience in similar field.
- Extensive practical experience in networked environment and support for remote users and field offices.
- Extensive ability to use and support of standard micro computing applications such as Microsoft OFFICE SUIT.
- Experience in supporting web-based applications.
- Experience with training others to use micro-computer applications (as mentioned above).
- Fluency in French and English
- Knowledge of supporting Windows Platform ( MS 2003/2008 server or higher, MS Windows XP / Vista)
- Prior experience with Messaging systems support, e.g. MS Exchange
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to establish and maintain effective work relationship with people of different backgrounds and cultures.
- Ability to work under pressure with minimum supervision.
· Problem Solving
– Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
– Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
– Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
· Time Management
– Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently. How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.