Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Description Title:
Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Officer
Number of Positions: 03 Location:
Douala, Cameroon Reports To:
Manager Strategic Information & Evaluation
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Applications Due: March 17, 2019 "Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments." -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. Job Summary
The M&E Officer is member of the SI&E department, and she/he will:
· Support the building of an M&E systems in EGPAF Cameroon, including tool development, as well as data collection and management.
· Support implementation of good M&E practices at facilities and health districts to ensure proper measurement of progress towards performances.
· Support the development of QI projects and QI teams in the various health facilities and he/she will coach all staffs within the assigned area of work (facility, health areas, district, region) Job Responsibilities:
- Ensure site preparation and activation for documentation and reporting
- Ensure site upgrade for documentation and reporting
· Support development of site level data processes
· Support the availability of M&E tracking tools / development of additional and specific M&E tracking tools (M&E activity tracking template; regulatory and audit calendar; risk register; log tools, etc.)
· Ensure the development/ updating of weekly / monthly M&E field work plan for his health district
- Support revision of M&E systems and M&E tools
- Support implementation of appropriate M&E practices and standards, along with proper monitoring of the project work in their health districts as per the M&E plan
- Contribute to the collection, verification, analysis, and use of project data for program improvement and reporting
- Support data entry and reporting into DATIM / DHIS2
- Provides technical backstopping support to staff and partners in the collection, analysis, and use of program data for report generation and program improvement
- Participate in the implementation of M&E capacity-building initiatives in M&E for field staff and partners
- Support in proper implementation of data management plan
- Support in proper implementation of high-quality assurance strategies as per EGPAF standards
- Support reporting of high-quality data in the assigned working areas
· Support proper use of data system SOPs at site levels
- Support proper data storage (hard and soft copy) at site and district level
- Ensure proper data storage at EGPAF offices
- Assist the health facility and the district in data analysis and utilization of data for decision-making
- Implement routine data quality assessment/ data quality assessment in the various health facilities of the working area
- Ensure that SI&E minimum standards are effectively implemented as defined in the M&E plan
- Answers data related-queries/ requests generated by the data management teams or any country staff teams
- Support regular data reviews sessions
- Perform other duties as assigned by the SI&E Manager / SI&E Director
- Support data reporting into donor databases
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Degree of statistician engineer or informatician engineer with experience in public health domain or degree of MPH in epidemiology or public health
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in French and English required
- Minimum 3-4 years’ experience in the area of monitoring and evaluation, and/or health program planning, management and evaluation and health research
- Ability to travel domestically in Cameroon approximately 50% of the time
- Previous experience working in M&E for infectious diseases will be an advantage
- Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams in developing countries, including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners;
- Demonstrated expertise in providing targeted technical assistance on various M&E themes of public health programs
- Demonstrated expertise in developing databases and dashboards
- Strong and demonstrable proficiency in Power bi, Microsoft Access, Microsoft Excel
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in a fast-paced environment, very demanding.
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
· Team Building
– Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service
– Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
– Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions. How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.