Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Title: Procurement and Logistics Officer
Job openings: 3
Locations: Yaoundé (03)
Reports to: Procurement & Logistic Manager
Start date: April 1, 2019
Applications Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org.
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
Purpose of the Job
To facilitate the acquisition, supply, delivery, storage and disposal of goods & services, as well as logistics operations at optimum cost-effective levels in a thoroughly documented, compliant, expeditious and effective manner - and will execute their duties with unyielding integrity.
Process Improvement / Compliance
· Contribute in the design, development, implementation and maintenance of contextualized procurement, purchasing, logistics and distribution operating procedures and guidelines achieving the most cost effective and efficient processes for procurement & logistics in order to attain operational excellence.
· Liaise with other operations departments as well as programs in procurement & logistics execution to ensure an integrated internal controls framework, enabling consultative, transparent, technically proficient and compliant procurement decisions.
· Guided by a solid grasp of applicable government, organizational and donor rules and regulations, provide guidance, advice and technical opinions on policy interpretations, contract matters and donor mandates in the realm of procurement & logistics.
· Assist in collating and sharing of best practices in procurement & logistics from networks, trainings, workshops and conferences, et cetera to ensure a dynamic and relevant procurement & logistics function.
· Expedite deliveries and ensure vendor commitment.
2. Vendor Relationship Management
· Assist in coordinating sourcing strategies and developing – through a full and open process a comprehensive supplier base for the supply of goods and services, constantly researching to ensure a reliable and competitive vendor base.
· Help manage and maintain a collaborative relationship with vendors at all levels; ensure that EGPAF suppliers for goods and services fulfill their obligations in a timely fashion, are paid on a timely basis, and that any disputes arising are managed in a professional, procedural and consultative manner.
· Assist in negotiating with vendors to facilitate EGPAF’s compliance with USG regulations on non-payment of VAT, vigorously pursue outstanding VAT exemption claims, reimbursement checks from vendors and maintain a report on the VAT exemption status on a quarterly basis.
· Negotiate with vendors to achieve value for money (VFM) for goods and services.
· Prepare and submit for review supplier evaluations/bids analysis, requests for awards, purchase orders, contracts for services and other procurement documents.
· Uploading all procurement paperwork into Verian in line with the authority matrix.
· Production and dissemination of procurement tracker.
· Ensuring strict adherence to applicable procedures, accuracy and completeness of procurement supporting documents.
· Generate and disseminate complete, accurate and relevant monthly procurement reports on user friendly, standardized templates to support project management decision making.
· Help identify and/or solicit organizational filing needs, matching them with existing resources and when necessary, implementing innovative, cost effective solutions to match the growing needs; also assist to manage EGPAF’s archive documentation in a systematic/orderly and secure manner to ensure strict conformance with applicable document retention provisions.
· Assist in Facilitation, development and dissemination of procurement & logistics checklists, templates and other tools – ensuring a standardized implementation across all EGPAF offices.
4. Asset & Supplies Management
· Assist in ensuring availability of supplies by maintaining a comprehensive inventory of supplies (both EGPAF and site support supplies) and conduct periodic/surprise audits of procured supplies as an additional documented internal control measure.
· Assist in coordinating purchase of assets based on assessed needs, systematic tagging, insurance (and related claims processes) annual documented physical verification and disposal at close out per project specific disposal provisions.
5. Fleet Management
· Providing high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented and analytical reports on vehicle usage logs vis a vis satellite tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles.
· Coordinate vehicle hire services to supplement current fleet needs.
6. Staff Management & Supervision
· Ensure delegating as appropriate, that each offices’ procurement and logistics function is adequately staffed, managed and resourced.
· Ensure development, update and adherence to procurement and logistics policies and procedures at all office levels.
· Assist in recruitment of procurement and logistics staff and building of department’s staff capacity.
· Conduct performance appraisals for logistics staff and ensure relevant and up to date job descriptions at all times.
· Promote learning and development amongst logistics staff through mutually agreed upon professional development courses/tuition and coaching and generally motivate them to improve performance.
· Lead logistics team by example in terms of work ethic, skills, knowledge development and integrity.
· Assist in review of Logistics staff documents e.g. TAR, Claim reimbursements, trip reports, etc.
7. Other Responsibilities
· Assist in organizing supplier meetings as and when necessary.
· Updates and shares knowledge by studying existing and new regulations, participating in educational opportunities, reading professional publications and maintaining personal networks.
· Support continuous innovations, adoption of best practices and regular reviews of procurement & logistics operations for optimal efficiency.
· Recommend to P & L Manager any additional procurement & logistics procedures/guidelines for approval and adoption.
· Help in analyzing risk areas in procurement & logistics operations and recommend mitigating solutions
· Participate in preparing vendor prequalification documents and assist in disseminating evaluation results
Education & Experience
· Minimum Business-related degree and a diploma in purchasing and supplies management
· Minimum three years working in donor funded project accounting (preferably USG funded) at a senior level
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
· Uncompromising Integrity
· Understanding and experience working with USG funded projects
· Experience with commodity management tracking systems
· Excellent communication and negotiating skills
· Well-developed interpersonal skills
· IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares
· Willingness to travel, support and work in the field offices.
· Team Building – Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service – Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
· Decisiveness – Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.