Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Description Title:
Public Health Evaluation Officer Location:
Douala, Cameroon Reports To:
Associate Director of Public Health Evaluation Start Date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019 "Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments." -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. Job Summary
The Public Health Evaluation Officer will work in the research department under the direct supervision of the Public Health Evaluation Advisor to oversee the implementation of the evaluation protocols designed to produce data and answers to specific questions regarding HIV prevention, care and treatment of HIV in women, children and families. He/she is responsible for the implementation of research/ evaluation protocols, including ethics authorizations, training of data collectors, monitoring the sites, data quality check, and management of the supply and logistics for the project. He/she will work in close collaboration with the Technical Services and Strategic Information and Evaluation teams, and technical program staff to conduct research studies relevant to EGPAF’s program and technical needs and priorities. Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Contribute to the development of data collection tools, SOPs and other study related documents, as well as coordinate the initial and periodic review of all study tools and SOPs.
- Conduct study evaluations and assessments in accordance with approved protocols; and provide technical supervision to field staff for data collection, data cleaning, storage and implementation of relevant SOPs
- Regularly conduct internal evaluation study monitoring in the site to ensure proper documentation of the study and compliance of the data collectors to the evaluation protocol, SOPs and regulatory requirements
- Participate in the review, analysis, interpretation of evaluation data and dissemination of findings through publication in international journals and presentation of abstracts in national and international scientific meetings in line with EGPAF policies and donor requirements
- Ensure proper storage of all essential evaluation documents in the study Masterfile, and securely stored in a locked cabinet
- Perform any other duties as may be assigned by the Public Health Evaluation advisor
Skills knowledge and abilities
- Bachelor’s Degree in Medicine and Surgery
- Master’s degree in Public Health or Epidemiology will be appreciated
- Minimum 02 years of experience in the development and implementation of operations/ implementation research and program evaluations
- Fluency in English and French is desired
- Strong management skills and ability to implement protocols for research,
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and projects while working as part of a team.
- Computer competency including proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent communication skills
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Officer:
· Team Building
– Team building is a person’s ability to inspire and foster team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. He/she also facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
· Customer Service
– Customer service is a person’s ability to anticipate and meet the needs of internal and external customers while delivering high-quality products and services and being committed to continuous improvement.
– Decisiveness is a person’s ability to make well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data is limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences. He/she will also perceive the impact and implications of decisions. How to Apply
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted. Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.