Senior Field Operations Manager
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation - Douala, Littoral
Offre d'emploi fermée
Senior Field Operations Manager
Job title: Senior Field Operations Manager
Location: Douala, Littoral
Primary Manager: Associate Project Director
2nd Level Manager: Associate Director of Operations
Start Date: April 1, 2019
Applications Due: March 17, 2019
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 19 countries and at over 5,500 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 1,000—nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement HIV prevention, care, and treatment programs; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. For more information, please, visit our page: www.pedaids.org .
EGPAF works in partnership with the Ministry of Health NACC and the Regional and District Health Teams to support HIV Prevention, Care and Treatment and health systems strengthening services. EGPAF is mainly funded by PEPFAR through the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the United States Agency for International Development (USAID).
· Ensure that relevant, contextualized and comprehensive finance procedures are implemented, periodically revised and strictly adhered/complied with
· Facilitate a sound internal control environment through adequate segregation of duties, appropriate approval thresholds, job rotations, approval of bank reconciliations, et cetera
· Act as lead sub office financial analyst, preparing sound expenditure forecasts, reviewing pipeline reports and leading implementation of variance reports raised in budget to actual monthly reports
· Ensure that sub office financial reporting is complete, accurate and timely and that compliance issues related to the sub office financial reports are addressed within 5 working days of receipt
· Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office finance staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Procurement & Logistics
· Ensure that relevant, contextualized and comprehensive procurement procedures are implemented, periodically revised and strictly adhered/complied with
· Coordinate the sub office annual procurement planning cycle as well as manage a transparent and compliant selection of local approved suppliers list
· Act as property manager for the sub office, assuming control of office inventory, and also management of locally purchased supplies for sites. Will conduct an annual, documented physical verification of office assets, and will ensure that site supplies are comprehensively tracked and documented up to delivery to sites. Will ensure that all office assets are tagged and insured
· Provide high level fleet management advice including optimal scheduling, documented analytic reports on vehicle usage logs vis a vis satellite tracking information, fuel consumption reports and master calendar for all vehicles
· Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office procurement staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
· Develop, implement and monitor a clear office access policy
· Develop tools for office supplies (kitchen, stationary, etc) monitoring and management and capacity build office administrator on effective use of the same
· Oversee service contracts for office repairs and maintenance, utilities contracts as well as office lease, ensuring they are competitive and up to date
· Supervise , coach and capacity build sub office administration staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Information Technology
· Ensure all IT policies and procedures are strictly adhered to, including the sub office files back up procedures
· Ensure a comprehensive, documented sub office disaster recovery plan
· Supervise, coach and capacity build sub office IT staff, identifying skills gaps and addressing them through on job training, as well as recommending other appropriate external trainings
- Human Resources
· Act as sub office HR contact point, advising Yaoundé HRM on sub office HR concerns and needs
· Provide support and guidance on completing performance appraisals, and supports Cameroon HR in ensuring timely completion of performance evaluations
· Spearhead local recruitments as necessary with the guidance of Cameroon HR
· Ensure all HR Policies and Procedures at the sub office are strictly adhered e.g. working hours policy, leave documentation policy, et cetera
- Other Duties
· Support audits and compliance reviews conducted at the sub office level
· Facilitate linkages and effective collaboration with sub office program staff through regular meetings and other communication forums
· Oversee sub office security needs in liaison with Cameroon Associate Director of Operations
· Provide ad hoc reports on need basis
· Other work-related duties as may be assigned by the supervisor
Education & Experience:
- Minimum undergraduate degree in related Business Field; Master’s degree an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years working experience in a similar position in a large organization
- Minimum three years working in donor funded project accounting (preferably USG funded) at a senior level
- Working knowledge of English and French
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent communication skills
- Well-developed interpersonal skills
- Strong work ethic and ability and willingness to work long hours
- Able to work in team settings and willingness to learn
- Cross-cultural competence as demonstrated by confidence and ability to make relevant presentations to diverse audiences
- IT Savvy, including accounting soft wares
- Willingness to travel
- Developing Others – Developing others is a person’s ability to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
- Managing Conflict – Managing conflict is a person’s ability to encourage creative tension and differences of opinions. He/she will anticipate and take steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations while resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Managing People – Managing people is a person’s ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs. He/she will ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded. He/she will also manage a multi-cultural workforce and a variety of workforce situations.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link.
This position is subject to donor funding.
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.