Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Description Job Title
: Strategic Information & Evaluation Assistant Job openings
: 01 Location:
Douala, Littoral Reports to
: SI&E Manager Start date
: April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019 Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments." -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. Purpose of the Job
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is seeking to recruit 01 Strategic Information & Evaluation (SI&E) Assistant based in Douala. The SI&E Assistant will work under the guidance of the SI&E Manager to strengthen the monitoring and evaluation process and system at and above site level, as well as between sites. Thid position will ensure compliance with data management procedures in order to support complete and timely transmission of the different databases, monitoring of implementation of M&E activities, and data quality assessments. The SI&E assistant will also assist the M&E Manager in several field tasks. Key Responsibilities:
- Ensure proper data storage of centralized databases at EGPAF offices
· Assist the SI&E Manager to regularly check for completeness, accuracy and timely reporting of all variables used to report required indicators
· Assist the SI&E Manager to ensure daily availability of data with good quality (Completeness = 100%, Accuracy=100% Timeliness = 100%)
· Support capacity building of data clerks in the comprehension of indicators and the data monitoring system
· Support report of expenditure reporting
· Support proper data entry in various databases by data clerks
· Assist in basic analysis of data at site level
· Support the weekly data verification of site-level data
· Assist/participate to monthly routine data quality audits at site level
· Support weekly data review meetings at site level
· Support the monitoring of QI activities at site level
· Support preparation of weekly site data performances
- Support data reporting into DATIM
· Level: Bachelor degree or higher in: statistics, informatics, public health, or another cadre of health system
· Have a good working knowledge of Microsoft Office Package, be familiar with Excel, Access, Epi-Info and Power Bi
· Language: bilingualism (French and English). However, speak one language fluently and be proficient in the other language
· Other skills required include good interpersonal skills, availability, flexibility, be on time, be interested in public health, be rigorous and motivated. Competencies
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will be either proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Individual Contributor:
How to Apply:
- Problem Solving – Problem solving is a person’s ability to use critical thinking to identify and analyze problems, weigh relevance and accuracy of information, generate and evaluate alternative solutions, and makes recommendations.
- Flexibility – Flexibility is a person’s ability to be open to change and new information and rapidly adapt to new information, changing conditions, or unexpected obstacles.
- Resilience – Resilience is a person’s ability to deal effectively with pressure, remain optimistic and persistent under adversity, and recover quickly from setbacks.
- Time Management – Time management is a person’s ability to effectively manage one’s time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently.
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.