Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF)
Job Description Title:
Strategic Information & Evaluation (SI&E) Advisor Location:
Yaoundé, Cameroon Reports To:
Director of Strategic Information & Evaluation Start Date:
April 1, 2019 Applications Due:
March 17, 2019 "Sometimes in life there is that moment when it's possible to make a change for the better. This is one of those moments." -Elizabeth Glaser
The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation is a global leader in the fight against pediatric HIV and AIDS, working in 16 countries and at over 5,000 sites around the world to prevent the transmission of HIV to children, and to help those already infected. Today, because of the highly successful work of the Foundation and its partners, pediatric AIDS has been virtually eliminated in the United States. With a growing global staff of over 3,100 — nine of 10 who work in the field—the Foundation’s global mission is to implement prevention, care, and treatment; further advance innovative research; and to execute strategic and targeted global advocacy activities to bring dramatic change to the lives of millions of women, children, and families worldwide. Job Summary
He / She will work in close coordination with EGPAF staff at country and global level. He/she will draw from the global project M&E framework and plan to ensure that routine data is collected, uploaded, reported, and reviewed in a standardized way according to the log frame of various projects. He/she will routinely review data systems and processes in collaboration with the SI&E Manager and Officers of various projects. He/she will work under the supervision of the SI&E Director, and in close collaboration with all program Advisors to design and implement TA plans after data analysis. He/she will oversee SI&E Manager and collaborators to ensure that project data is collected, analyzed and reported accurately. He/she will also receive technical oversight, guidance, and training from the global SI&E team, based in Washington, DC. Job Responsibilities
mapping of stakeholders who have a presence at EGPAF supported sites, and their interests
· Lead organization of meetings /working sessions with key stakeholders working in EGPAF supported sites to collect the needs and the expectation of stakeholders
· Provide M&E technical support for the development, revision, and implementation of the various operational M&E plans
· Lead development and implementation of a plan to monitor progress / align the M&E systems of various projects with minimum M&E standards
· Provide M&E technical support to M&E staff in the standardization of M&E systems, in various projects
· Provide more M&E technical support to program technical Advisors
· Support granular site level management and disaggregated analysis
· Ensure timely reporting to the donor and various stakeholders (MOH/NACC)
· Support systems for weekly and monthly tracking of project performances towards targets
· Supports proper implementation of data quality assurance within the project
· Provides support in the planning, designing and standardized implementation of program data use and evaluation as appropriate
· Provide guidance, advice and technical support to the data management program
· Supports the development of training material and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to support effective and efficient data collection, data entry, data management, data analysis and data quality assurance.
· Conducts trainings / refresher trainings on data collection and data management for above site and facility-level staff as needed.
· Ensure fast responses to requests for information from the Global SI&E team, MoH, and other stakeholders as needed
· Manage and oversee the quality of the work done by M&E Managers and M&E Officers of the different projects
· Lead the identification of field M&E needs (tools, data collection and management systems) and support the revision of guidance of data management systems
· Responsible for the first draft of a summary report that compiles data and information on the overall impact and outcomes of various projects
· Support reporting of various country programs
· Support compilation of summary data of programs into narratives for Foundation reports, briefings, policy statements, media releases, etc.
· Performs data analysis for reporting purposes Required Qualifications
· Fluency in French and English is required
· Graduate degree or diploma in public health, epidemiology, statistics, M&E or other relevant fields required [Minimum level: Master degree]
· Previous experience working on HIV/AIDS programs is preferred
· At least 5 years’ experience working in public health monitoring and evaluation
· Ability to travel to project sites in various regions of Cameroon as needed [approximately 25 %] Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience managing and/or using quantitative methods for basic analyses of large data sets using statistical packages
· Have a good knowledge of data management at various level of the health system
· Strong communication skills, both oral and written, required
· Have a very good knowledge of statistical software (Access, Epi Info, SPSS, ...) and Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
· Demonstrated expertise working within multi-cultural and multi-national teams including with Ministries of Health and/or other implementing partners
- Demonstrated expertise in providing targeted M&E technical assistance in public health programming, Demonstrated expertise in developing data use plans and preparing best practices papers, policy briefings, advocacy materials, etc. in the context of international health programming
· Ability to develop a database would be an advantage
· Ability to work in a team and under pressure
- Proven ability to work effectively as member of dynamic team in fast-paced environment
The Foundation expects all employees to possess the fundamental competencies of interpersonal skills, communication, accountability, continual learning, and driving results. The ideal candidate will either be proficient or advanced in the following set of competencies, specific to this position’s level of Manager:
· Developing Others
– Developing others is a person’s ability to perform and contribute to the organization by providing ongoing feedback and by providing opportunities to learn through formal and informal methods.
· Managing Conflict
– Managing conflict is a person’s ability to encourage creative tension and differences of opinions. He/she will anticipate and take steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations while resolving conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
· Managing People
– Managing people is a person’s ability to build and manage workforce based on organization goals, budget, considerations, and staff needs. He/she will ensure that employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded. He/she will also manage a multi-cultural workforce and a variety of workforce situations. How to Apply:
Qualified candidates should submit a CV and cover letter through the following link: https://chj.tbe.taleo.net/chj05/ats/careers/searchResults.jsp?org=PEDAIDS&cws=1
Screening of applications will be on a rolling basis. Please note that only shortlisted applicants meeting the above requirements will be contacted.
Applications are only acceptable through the above link. This position is subject to donor funding. The Elizabeth Glaser Pediatric AIDS Foundation (EGPAF) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, EGPAF complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the Foundation has facilities.