Monitoring and Evaluation Officer - UNWOMEN CMR
UNDP3.9 - Yaoundé, Centre
Offre d'emploi fermée
For several decades, Cameroon was considered as a model of peace in Central Africa. However, in the last five years the Country experienced large-scale humanitarian crises that required international response. The context is particularly marked by the impact of three crises namely: Boko Haram in the Far-North; the Central African Republic crisis in the East with the influx of refugees from CAR, and the protracted crisis in the North-West and South-West regions. The conflict that erupted in the anglophone regions of Cameroon in 2016 has led to unprecedented levels of violence, increased security risks, and a serious humanitarian situation with women and girls paying a high tribute. On September 10th, the President Paul Biya announced the Major National Dialogue that unfolds from Sep 30 to October 4th. The Dialogues resulted in positive and encouraging outcomes to bring back peace. Women participated to the 8 commissions established for the dialogue and one commission ‘Education and Social Affairs” was chaired by a woman. UN Women Cameroon work plan for 2020 will focus on providing support to ensure Women participation to reconciliation and peace building process.
To support Governments peacebuilding efforts, a joint UN Project funded by Peacebuilding Fund intitled “Strengthening Resilience of Women and Girls affected by crisis, violent extremism and climate change in the Lake Chad Region” will be implemented by UN Women, UNESCO and UNICEF under the leadership of the Government of Cameroon. For its implementation, UN Women seeks to recruit an Monitoring and Evaluation Officer to support the program.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
1. Monitoring and reporting
2. Monitoring and tracking results against country/ regional level targets
3. Reporting of results to internal (Management) and external (Donors) audiences
4. Implementation UN Women Evaluation Policy
Knowledge building and capacity building
1. Monitoring and reporting
- Provide inputs to the development of Monitoring, Review and Evaluation plans that will provide the most relevant and strategic information toward achieving expected results (as set out in the PBF Prodoc and Country Office Strategic Note as well as other global and regional plans), while being compliant with UN Women evaluation and monitoring requirements.
- Contribute to evidence-based decision-making on program design and implementation, notably through making monitoring, review and evaluations findings accessible, developing innovative, user-friendly and informative products.
- Support UN Women Management in addressing recommendations from monitoring, reviews and evaluations to ensure that follow-up actions are taken as required.
- Contribute to building M&E capacity of UN Women staff and partners through training and information sharing.
- Provide inputs to line manager regarding the development and implementation of national government and inter-agency monitoring, reporting and evaluation frameworks, including United Nations Sustainable Development Cooperation Framework (UNSDCF) aligned with nationally owned sustainable development goals.
- Take responsibility for integrating protection and gender perspectives in all areas of work, to ensure equal participation of women and men.
- Coordinate the preparation of PBF project and Office annual work plans as well as Mid Term and Final Reviews (national consultations, drafting ToR of consultant....)
- Provide technical support to partners in developing Performance Monitoring Frameworks (PMFs), systems and plans, and identify baseline/targets Surveys;
- Develop donor reports to submit on time and ensure follow up of agreements and Program Cooperation Agreements;
- Introduce all the required information in the RMS, DAMS within the deadline.
- Monitoring and tracking results against country/ regional level targets
- Coordinate with Programme Team to ensure data collection and analysis from field visits are coordinated and standardized across programs;
- Monitor data from partners/countries on a quarterly basis and provide inputs to regular management briefs to inform decision making;
- Visit partners, along with the Programme Team, to support monitoring of results and planning processes, as required;
- Monitor the spending of donor funds and other program expenditures and disbursements;
- Contribute to the development, monitoring and implementation of the approved Monitoring, Evaluation, and Research Plan.
- Reporting of results to internal (Management) and external (Donors) audiences
- Facilitate the process of the Country meeting internal and external reporting requirements and deadlines, including annual reporting process;
- Provide substantial inputs to donor and program reports (both narrative and financial);
- Review progress reports submitted and provide feedback to improve quality and timeliness of reporting;
- Collect and maintain data for country, regional and global corporate reports, mid-term reviews, and final evaluations;
- Implementation UN Women Evaluation Policy
- Coordinate the implementation of UN Women’s Evaluation plan in the country office;
- Draft/revise Terms of Reference for specific project/program evaluations;
- Ensure communication between the Country and RO regarding Evaluations;
- Coordinate the completion of management’s response to the UN Women Global Accountability and Tracking of Evaluation Use (GATE).
- Identify relevant evaluation findings, conclusions and recommendations and input them into program reporting;
- Knowledge building and capacity building
- Identify and disseminate good practices, lessons, and knowledge, as identified through program implementation, monitoring and evaluation activities;
- Contribute to the development of capacity development tools, including training materials and packages;
- Promote the awareness and understanding of the shared responsibility of Monitoring and Evaluation among all staff members through communication, training, learning and development activities.
- Assist the Project Coordinator and the project team in assessing the technical quality of the project's M&E tools (including PTAs, indicators and targets and determining the baseline situation at project sites);
- Ensure possible adjustments to the project results framework, including activities as needed, from an adaptive management perspective;
- Ensure the preparation of project implementation reviews/annual project report, initial report, technical reports, quarterly financial reports for UN WOMEN and the PBF,
- Other duties as required.
- Respect for Diversity
- Awareness and Sensitivity Regarding Gender Issues
- Creative Problem Solving
- Effective Communication
- Inclusive Collaboration
- Stakeholder Engagement
- Leading by Example
- Good knowledge of program formulation, implementation, and Results Based Management
- Good knowledge of monitoring and evaluation, evaluation design, data collection and analysis, and reporting
- Ability to synthesize program performance data and produce analytical reports
- Analytical and report writing skills
Education and certification:
- Master’s degree (or equivalent) in management, Economics, ICT, Statistics Studies is required.
- Gender/Women's Studies is an asset
- A project/program management certification (such as PMP®, PRINCE2®, or MSP®) would be an added advantage.
· At least 5 year of relevant experience at the national or international level in monitoring and reporting of development projects/ programs.
· Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
· Fluency in English and French is required;
· Knowledge of the other UN official working language is an asset;
FEMALE CANDIDATE ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED